Saturday, June 21, 2008

it's a whine-win situation


As a number of friends can testify, I have a kind of space-cadet, looney-tunes, new-age-esque hodge podge of a belief system. I don’t believe the number of fateful coincidences, precursors, apparent messages and kismet that life serves up is entirely random. I believe we send energy, karma, messages out into the universe and it invariably responds if we’re listening. I believe messages and opportunities are placed under our noses and it’s up to us whether we’re ready to receive. I guess I simply believe in method in the madness. But I’m probably just talking madness LOL

Ahem, the point of all that Sue? Well, I am trying to remember to change my blog music on an at least monthly basis in the hope that this doesn’t become of those annoying blogs where you have to remember to turn the volume off before you visit ;) So after a blog desert and a fertile little big life in the month of May, Emmy Rossum’s “Slow me down" seemed an appropriate accompaniment to this mad juggling act of mine. Out into the universe I sent the sentiment:

Rushing and racing
and running in circles
Moving so fast, I'm forgetting my purpose
Blur of the traffic is sending me spinning
Getting nowhere

My head and my heart are colliding, chaotic
Pace of the world
I just wish I could stop it
Try to appear like I've got it together
I'm falling apart

Save me
Somebody take my hand, and lead me
Slow me down
Don't let love pass me by
Just show me how
'Cause I'm ready to fall
Slow me down
Don't let me live a lie
Before my life flies by
I need you to slow me down

Less than 48 hours later, the universe answered, in digital forum naturally – an email:

Subject: SUSSAN - Congratulations you have won!

Dear Sue,

You have won a relaxation package from Sussan.

You have won:
1 x Sussan Organic Lounge Outfit consisting of pants, jacket & top
valued at $124.95
1 x Massage Voucher valued $100
1 x 3 month Fernwood Gym membership

:-O I never win anything! And thanks Emmy. Now I have just two questions – is the universe telling me to get fit? And does anyone know a song about a holiday in Tahiti I can put on my blog?

4 comments:

Georgie said...

Curious and curiouser grinder! How's this, I won a gym membership on Thursday night at a mum's fundraiser for Charlotte's school, gawd even the school mums were laughing at me. Being the good wife I am, I gave it to Nick :P
Now, you've come to the right place for song suggestions, how about
"Power of the Dream" by Celine Dion, then you could go to the next Olympics.
"Hot August Night" if you are getting sick of the cold Melboring weather
"Holiday" by Madonna for the Tahiti thing.
Just sing out if you want any more suggestions, I'm defently the music master.
xxx

Kate said...

Woo hoo for you! I think I'd be giving a gym membership to Rick if I won one, I'm definitely with G on that one ;)

As for songs, how about:
*Kokomo by The Beach Boys, that would be a nice escape from winter
*I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts, by ???? LOL
*California Dreamin by The Mamas and the Papas

If you win a holiday you have to take me ;)

Kate in cold old Tassie

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 170 dollars on every site. But for all I found this area selling them for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 330 bucks on every site. But definitively I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?