Monday, February 25, 2008

Perspective

Thanks to Carrie for passing this sweet idea along http://carrieyoung.typepad.com/love_laugh_live/2008/02/perspective.html and to Sarah Jane for the inspiration http://sarahandken.blogspot.com/2008/02/perspective.html

Perspective

My dining table is covered with blankets and sheets and we’re eating dinner on our knees

My younger two play for hours happily in their tent/cubby wonderland

I am getting up a full half hour earlier than I need to/did last year each weekday morning

Before anyone else gets up I share a sleepy, but lovely and quiet window of time with my capable 12yo and she lets me braid her hair before she leaves for high school

There are soft toy animals all over the playroom floor – it is a sea of plush

Sophie comes to ask me seriously “is $86,000 a good price to pay Amy for 6 snow leopards Mum?” LOL

There are days when I feel like someone has questioned or argued with every single word I’ve said

I have three confident, articulate, stand up for themselves, ready-to-argue-in-the-Supreme-Court opinionated daughters

It always takes twice as long to fold all the sheets with my youngest

We whoosh every sheet up in the air, run underneath them and let them float over us, giggling madly, she wraps herself up like a mummy and I forget that it is a job

I have cooked and prepared food til my legs are tired

I have three dinners cooked and 2 days of lunches all ready and packed this week for when life gets manic and I’m a weekday single parent and that makes me feel so relaxed and ahead of the game

The bathroom is afloat – water, discarded clothes, toys, bottles of soapy concoctions, limp towels waiting to be rescued from the floor

Aforementioned younger two are happy, shiny, fresh, brand new, sweet-smelling naked angels, the bathroom is a small price to pay

My three girls are still awake too

Sisters are having a much-loved sleepover together, giggling and whispering as sisters have since the dawn of time

My husband is snoring

My husband is here

It all makes me sigh,
it all makes me smile

No comments: