Sunday, March 2, 2008

Not my own work (well except the genes...)




Ha, no prizes for guessing I’m not responsible for these divine pics LOL

I am exceptionally lucky to have genius friends who create things of beauty – jewellery, clothes, hair accessories (with 3 long-haired girls, just LOVE hair accessories) and of course, photography. My darling friend Carrie came over for a Victorian family Christmas and managed to squeeze in a photo shoot for us. Ole Murphy was obviously feeling a bit grinchy because it was the coldest, wildest, wettest, stormiest, floodiest day of the year (HATE ridiculous, unpredictable Melbourne sometimes), my troops were in disarray, I do believe I was still in my nightie when she walked in! LOL

Fortunately for me, Carrie has the patience of a saint managing with aplomb the cold and wet; a whinging tween (I believe Andrew’s response was “suck it up Princess” – a phrase that I’ve helped myself to ever since); and an 8yo who really just wanted to stick her tongue out. I had low expectations of what anyone could produce out of a morning like that…

… until Carrie worked her magic and somehow turned an ordinary shoot into something quite extraordinary. Moments of connection, the fun spirit my girls share together, how happy I am in my husband’s arms (who hasn’t had his photo taken this many times since our wedding day LOL) and what a natural Dad he is.

So, if you’d like to share, Carrie has generously let me show off her stunning works of art - http://carrieyoung.com/index2.php , click on clients and type in 221207 as the password to see the slideshow.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Absolutely SPECTACULAR! Carrie just keeps on getting better and better! Or are the subjects getting more divine?? Sue - the photos are fantastic - love so many of them it is ridiculous. And just how similar are Andrew, Kate and Amy?? Amazing!

You look gorgeous too!

k8

Sue J said...

Totally agree K8 - spectacular is the word and as I'm sure that none of us is getting more attractive LOL it is definitely the case Carrie just continues to grow brilliantly as an artist with magic in her lens. (apparently I can't talk about her without gushing atm LOL)

Andrew met Kate's year level co-ordinator the other night, he walked into the room and she said immediately "oh, you're Kate's Dad". Funny how it doesn't thrill a 12yo princess to resemble her 40+ balding father ;)

Kaz said...

Oh My goodness Sue.What a treat!Thank you so much for sharing. I looked at these last night until I was nearly asleep.I shouldnt be surprised should i ? Carries talent and your gorgeous family...what a great mix.Your girls personalities really shine through.I could just rave on and on.Love it and love that you are blogging !!!!
Cheers
Kaz
xoxoxo

Jodie said...

You know that I love the pics that Carrie took! They are just stunning! But we wouldn't expect anything less from the gorgeous Carrie now would we?

Also to agree with Kaz ~ Soooo glad that you are now blogging :o)

Jodie xxxx