Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Synchronicity, destiny and all things mundane


This is another gorgeous Carrie Young shot from our Christmas shoot – it’s my very favourite, yes even more so than all those divine images of the girls. I guess it’s just a matter of scarcity increasing value as always. You see I have so few pics of Andrew and certainly not many of us together (as a typical Mum, I spend most of my time behind the camera of course).

It is going in my album with a Goethe quote “When a wife has a good husband, it is easily seen in her face”. Because that is what I see, despite the cold and rain, how tired and disorganised I was that day, apparently all it takes is for this good man to embrace me and I am lit from within.

When I think of how our lives met, I am always struck by how very ordinary the choices are that lead to destiny, synchronicity, connections, paths, life. I came to Melbourne to go to university and was to live in a university residential college. As I would be attending a campus some distance from the college, my parents decided that I should live at the only college that offered sandwiches as a lunchtime option in addition to a cooked lunch on the college grounds. I met my husband-to-be, father-of-my-children, love of my life (little did I know this when I met him of course, he was seeing my volleyball team-mate at the time LOL) because of sandwiches… Our paths almost certainly wouldn’t have crossed otherwise. That’s all, sandwiches.

A slice of synchronicity,
a counterpoint of chance
turn a stale repast into
a feast of circumstance.

So go ahead & order a timely snack
At the universe-ity
Bring us here to this very day, this life
Of our own accord or conspiracy…

2 comments:

Georgie said...

oh yeah, you get Carrie Young Perfection Photography and you are being impatient about me posting my happy snaps - rocccccch (I will explain roccch in the flesh it's a useful word!)
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous photo......and a truly lovely post xxx

Jodie said...

I agree with Georgie ~ such a lovely post.. Gorgeous pic of you and your hubby.

Jodie xxxx