Sunday, April 6, 2008

Would you let this woman work with YOUR children?




I just discovered something new about myself. After taking on Susannah’s photo challenge http://soozadoo.wordpress.com/2008/04/01/dare-you/, she commented that my pic was disappointingly normal after my talk of a scary serial killer worthy photo on my working with children id. Inspired by contagious hardcore efforts like Stomper girl http://stompergirl.blogspot.com/ and caught up in a rare fit of bravado I emailed Susannah the offending pic which made her laugh. With that laugh I realised that I would rather be funny than beautiful and resolved to post it here. Yay - humour outranks vanity :)

This was taken a few weeks ago and as I stood mug-like against the wall and presented my most pleasant smile, I was told sternly I was not allowed to smile, not even a little bit. And that if my fringe had been any longer, I would have had to pin it back off my face on the spot “for identification purposes”. WTF? I am starting to think that all these rules were put in place purely to give passport checkers a good laugh at our expense – are they just trying to make us all as ugly as we could be? Anyway, in return for baring my worst/oldest-looking/harshest face EVER, I demand that in Soozadoo all passport/id photographs be taken by photographers of the caliber of Sheye and Carrie, generously, softly lit and that everyone can smile.

3 comments:

Georgie said...

Wow Grinder, you fully look like that psycho chick astronaut who went for that long drive with the space nappy on.......
JOKE! Definitely not your best shot but I still love ya and bravo for putting that photo out there (I'm tempted to do the same, hang on no I'm not I've got heaps of photos that look worse than that.......ROFLMFAO of course!)

Kaz said...

That is too funny Sue.Thanks for the laugh but we can still see the lovely,sweet,caring lady behind the scary straight face LOL.As G said "We still love ya"

Luv
Kaz
xoxo

Sheye Rosemeyer said...

Oh you do make me laugh. Often. And I'm afraid you've bared too much of your gorgeous soul to be thought of anything other then well, gorgeous.

S x